Dental Assisting Scholarships & Financial Aid
Start your search for dental assistant scholarship information here.
Dental Assistant Scholarships
Finding the right financing for your dental assistant training is a key step on the road to starting your new career. If you're willing to do a little legwork, you can find plenty of great funding sources. While loans are the mainstay of student financial aid packages, grants and scholarships are the Holy Grail of financing options, since you won't have to pay them back.
There are several organizations that offer dental assistant scholarships, specifically intended for students entering this field of study. The list below highlights some of these organizations and can help you start your search for dental assistant scholarships.
- The American Dental Association (ADA): The ADA awards dental assistant scholarships to students annually. The ADA offers several different scholarship programs, including dental assistant scholarship options specifically for minority students. Eligibility requirements vary.
- The National Dental Association Foundation (NDAF)
Colgate-Palmolive Scholarship: The National Dental Association Foundation's Colgate-Palmolive Scholarship was established in 1990 in order to offer financial aid to underrepresented minority students across the country.
- The American Dental Assistants Association (ADAA): Members of the ADAA, a national organization providing support and resources for dental assistants, may qualify for a variety of scholarship opportunities.
- The Hispanic Dental Association (HDA): The HDA is an excellent resource for members of the Hispanic community who wish to work in the dental profession.
Federal Financial Aid for Dental Assisting Students
Federal Student Aid programs are the largest source of college financial assistance. These programs provide billions of dollars to students each year through grants, work study, and loans. Your first step will be to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine your eligibility. Below are some of the federal financial aid programs available:
- Pell grants
- Stafford loans, available either through the Direct Loan (DL) program or the Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) program
- PLUS loans for parents (also available through the DL or FFEL programs)
- Consolidation loans (DL or FFEL)
- Federal Work Study (FWS)
- Perkins loans
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG)
If you would like to receive financial aid, get advice as early as possible. During the application process, it's a good idea to consult with the school's office of financial aid. They will be able to guide you through the process.
Dental Assistant / Hygienist Education & Career Guide
- Training & Certification
- School Accreditation
- Dental Assistant Degree Types
- Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Dental Assistant Student Interview
- About the Profession
- Salary Information
- Work Environment .
- Dental Assistant vs. Dental Hygienist
- Top 5 Reasons to Become a Dental Hygienist
- Résumé Tips
- Dental Assistant Interview
- Glossary of ProfessionTerms