Physical Therapy Schools and Careers Resource Center
Learn everything you need to know about getting an education and working as a physical therapist.
Ready to Attend Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy School?
Part teacher, part coach, and part medical professional, you'll help patients improve their health in a hands-on environment where the relationship with the patient is often as much a part of the equation as your physical therapy or occupational therapy expertise.
Careers and Jobs Overview
“Physical therapists form relationships with their patients that can go on for years,” says Colleen Harper, Chief of Physical Therapy at LaRabida Hospital. “The relationship is a key part of the healing process.”
Learn more about physical therapy jobs.
Education and Coursework
Find out what you'll study, how long it will take to complete your degree and how to prepare for acceptance in a physical therapy education program.
Read more about physical therapy curriculum.
Physical Therapist Personality Traits and Skills
A physical therapist is integral to patients rehabilitating from injuries or illness. Learn which personal and professional traits you'll need to succeed as a physical therapist.
|You are...||You should have...|
|Dependable||Excellent customer service|
|Caring||Time management skills|
|A problem solver||A great ability to work with others|
|Comfortable working with the public||Critical thinking skills|
|A good listener||Concern for others|
|Organized||Excellent communication skills|
Occupational Therapist vs. Physical Therapist
Occupational therapists and physical therapists both do important rehabilitative work to help patients with injuries or disabilities that limit how they're able to function in daily life. While there are some similiarities between the two careers, there are plenty of differences too. Find out in this comparison article.
Occupational / Physical Therapy Education and Career Guide
Occupational / Physical Therapy Education
- Career Guide Home
- Physical Therapy Degree Guide
- Occupational Therapy Degrees
- Why You Should Choose a CAPTE Accredited Program
- Scholarships for Physical Therapy Students
- Earning Your Certification
- Getting Trained as a Physical Therapist
- Interview with a Physical Therapy Assistant Student
Physical Therapy Career
- Physical Therapist Job Description
- Physical Therapist Job Outlook
- Learn How to Become a Physical Therapy Assistant
- Occupational Therapist vs. Physical Therapist
- Physical Therapist vs. Physical Therapy Assistant
- Physical Therapy Assistant Interview
Occupational Therapy Career
- Learn How to Become an Occupational Therapist
- Learn How to Become an Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Pediatric Occupational Therapy Careers