Physical Therapy Schools and Careers Resource Center
Learn everything you need to know about getting an education and working as a physical therapist.
Ready to Attend Physical Therapy School?
Part teacher, part coach, and part medical professional, you'll help patients improve their health in a hands-on environment where the relationship with the patient is often as much a part of the equation as your physical therapy expertise.
If you want a flexible job that will let you interact with patients needing a wide variety of treatments, physical therapy school can put you on the right path.
Careers and Jobs Overview
“Physical therapists form relationships with their patients that can go on for years,” says Colleen Harper, Chief of Physical Therapy at LaRabida Hospital. “The relationship is a key part of the healing process.”
Learn more about physical therapy jobs.
Education and Coursework
Find out what you'll study, how long it will take to complete your degree and how to prepare for acceptance in a physical therapy education program.
Read more about physical therapy curriculum.
Physical Therapist Assistant Interview
Job Title: Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
Years in Field: Over 10 years
"Physical therapy is an easy going field and it's easy to find jobs. Physical therapists are a fun group of people to work with. There isn't a lot of stress, as there is in the business world. Here, there is no corporate ladder. You are what you are. You try to do the best you can. If things go well you can move into research."
Continue reading the PTA interview.
PTA Student Profile
Student at Green River Community College
"I’ve always been physically active, and always been intrigued by the sciences. I have a BA in physical education, and I worked in the schools for 10 years. I wanted to get back into sports rehab, so I got a job as an aide in a clinic, and then studied physical training at the American College of Sports Medicine. After that I did a lot of fitness assessment testing."
Continue reading the student profile.
Education and Career Guide
- Training & Education Time to completion, what you'll study and more.
- Physical Therapist Assistant How to become a PTA.
- Guide to Degrees From DPTs to Transitional MPTs, we’ve sorted it all out for you.
- Financial Aid Questions? We've got answers.
- Student Interview Find out what physical therapy school is really like.
- All About Physical Therapy Jobs What is a physical therapy job like?
- Salary Information How much can you earn as a physical therapist?
- Licensing Guide to physical therapy licensing requirements & exams.
- Physical Therapist Assistant Profile An inside look at physical therapy assistant careers.
- Accreditation & Organizations Physical therapy resources.